Thursday, April 30, 2015

#RiotMovie

Office #RiotMovie Trailer 
http://t.co/X2pqAaHLg7 


As we began the last day of "scheduled filming" on this project,.. I was driving to set (the Tooele , Utah jail/prison) and I was thinking about all of the amazing people,.. and all of the effort that it took to pull off our latest film project (Matthew Reese Films and Mainstay Productions).  I first of all wish to thank each and every one of the cast and crew that worked to make this film possible.  #RiotMovie 


I, and my film partner (John Lyde with Mainstay Productions), have always said that "producing movies means problem solving".   Dealing with various road blocks and obstacles that come up, and yet still getting to our end-line goal of delivering a product that people want to buy.  Most of the time it is a constant game of making sure that everyone has what they need to make them happy and satisfied.  (:   Egos and attitudes come out…emotional and circumstancial drama between people  (which affects the overall production) come out…  It is our job to provide an environment and medium by which a movie can be shot, produced, and delivered to buyers and those that wish to distribute our film.  This process requires PEOPLE and their WILLINGNESS to see it through! 

HOWEVER…on this film project (excluding attorneys...which don’t actually count because they are not ON the project), we didn’t find much of that drama at all.  I witnessed so many people simply come together (cast and crew),..not because they were making a ton of money,..but because we ALL saw the value in each other as fellow creators, and we all cared enough to join each other, to make this project a success!  

I have struggled in my past in relying on ANYONE to pull their weight in my collaboration with them… Whether it has been in a relationships in my personal life, or my professional life!  Few HAVE pulled their weight!  Most have NOT!  I keep those that HAVE very close!  #innerCircle 

I, (in a previous blog entry) wrote about "The 7 habits of highly effective people” by Stephan R. Covey... and explored the first 3 habits (which are mastered by achieving “INDEPENDENCE”…achieving "SELF-RELIANCE" and becoming free of “CO-DEPENDENCE”)… 
 I, however, did STAY AWAY from the other habits…simply because they explore the concept The Author calls “INTER-DEPENDENCE”,.. I stayed away from this topic in my prior post, because I have not really experienced this before in my life…until NOW…with THIS film!

IN-DEPENDENCE” is about becoming self sustaining and self reliant, and doing it on his/her own.
INTER-DEPENDENCE” is where two (or more ) independent people come TOGETHER, with other independent creator.  When this happens, SO MUCH MORE is possible!!...     1+1 becomes 3 (and beyond)!  (Covey context intended)

This goes for relationships too!  One CAN only obtain so much fulfillment on his/her own (without another partner)…YET to achieve ULTIMATE fulfillment?…That is only possible WITH another independent co-creator… CO-CREATING is the only way to go further than one can on their own!  (Thank you Mike and Dawn!…for teaching me this ;)  1+1 can ONLY = 3 (and beyond) “IF” each individual involved IS AN INDEPENDENT CREATOR in his/her own right!  (Co-dependents need NOT apply!:)

THIS FILM…. #RiotMovie … has testified to me that ONLY in the light of collaboration and coming TOGETHER with a common purpose and goal, can so much MORE be achieved!  I stand dumbfounded with such gratitude for all of those that did come together to create this film!  (Cast, Crew, extras, featured cast, and major stars…EVERYONE)  
I THANK YOU!  I RESECT YOU!!  I SOLUTE YOU!!! 

This has been a true privilege for me, as I have worked with, and watch us all contribute, come together, and create!

May we all taste (and be humbled by) The Power of “INTER-DEPENDANCE”!  Coming TOGETHER to create and add to a common purpose and goal!  #trust #beliveInEachOther     

I make special mention to those at the helm (John Lyde, Dolph Lundgren and Jenny, Chuck and Heidi Liddell, VMI, and so many others)  
I THANK YOU! 

97 to go!! 

#RiotMovie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Check Out Our Music